NASHIK DISTRICT NOW HOLDS THE TRAGIC NEWS ON THE 3-YEAR OLD GIRL:
Malegaon taluka in Maharashtra’s Nashik district witnessed one of its largest public mobilisations in recent years on Friday, November 21, 2025, as outrage over the rape and murder of a three-and-a-half-year-old girl spilled onto the streets. From early morning, thousands of residents from nearly two dozen villages surrounding Dongrale poured into Malegaon town and assembled outside the District Sessions Court, demanding the harshest possible punishment for the accused. The demonstrations, which effectively shut down the entire taluka, forced markets, shops, and local establishments to remain closed in a spontaneous, community-led bandh.
A senior police official described the scale of the unrest, noting that “people from 20–25 villages reached the court premises in huge numbers, and the entire taluka came to a halt.” The gathering quickly grew into an emotionally charged protest, with community members raising slogans seeking capital punishment for the suspect and expressing deep grief and anger over the brutal assault on the child.
Protesters said this was the largest of the demonstrations held so far. According to one of the participants, “This turnout was unprecedented. We have already organised two protests earlier, but today’s was the biggest. If the authorities delay justice, we will continue our agitation.” As the crowds intensified and began pushing against police barricades, tensions escalated. Law-enforcement agencies eventually resorted to a lathi-charge to disperse parts of the mob when the protest turned violent.
The accused, 24-year-old Vijay Khairnar, a daily-wage labourer residing barely 200 metres from the victim’s home, was apprehended within hours of the crime. Police inspector Pritam Chaudhary of the Malegaon Taluka police station confirmed that Khairnar confessed to the assault while being transported to the station. “He admitted to the crime during preliminary questioning. We have secured seven days of police custody. The medical findings corroborate the assault, and we now have substantial evidence. The chargesheet is pending because we are still verifying whether he acted alone or if there were other individuals involved,” Chaudhary said.
Khairnar has been booked under Sections 66 and 103 of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita — the new criminal code. Section 66 pertains to sexual assault resulting in death, while Section 103 covers the offence of murder. Both sections allow for the possibility of life imprisonment or the death penalty.
The tragic incident unfolded on Sunday, November 16, around 3 p.m., when the child was playing outside her house on the porch. According to investigators, Khairnar, who was allegedly intoxicated at the time, approached the little girl, lured her with chocolates, and took her into his home, where the assault and killing occurred. The brutality of the crime has shaken the region, prompting ongoing protests and growing public pressure on authorities for swift judicial action.

